12.05.2012

Merry & Bright

Although I get a bit melancholic this time of year, specially this year, since I wont be spending it with my family, it's still my favorite time of the year. Christmas brings joy to everyone, people are in a good mood, the food is delicious and there are so many sweets you forget calories even exist! However, we can't forget the reason for this joy and why the season is so special ... The birth of our savior, JESUS!!!

 

I have to admit though, that what makes me the happiest is putting our Christmas tree up! Our tradition has always been putting up our Christmas tree the Saturday after thanksgiving day and we take it down on January seventh, right after "Three Wise Men" day.


This year, we wanted to keep it traditional and opted to use red, white and green as the color scheme.

 
Some of the pictures below are a close up of my favorite ornaments. Like the one Santa is Flying in!


Our angels on the right were a set of ornaments we got for our first Christmas tree, 2009. 

 The reason for the season!
   Let me tell you a short story. I promise.

My beautiful mother was always so delicate with our nativity set and gave it special meaning by covering baby Jesus with a small piece of cotton. I remember asking her why she covered him if he was the most important piece in the set. She said "Baby Jesus has not been born yet, we will take it off on Christmas day...on the day of his birthday". I must have been six or seven and now, at age ## baby Jesus is always covered until Christmas Day at my own house. And until this day it's one of my favorite Christmas traditions!


The picture below is just so you have an idea of how small our Christmas tree is. It sits on a console table by the window. If I'm not wrong its about 3 ft and this are just some reasons why I recommend one this size:

•Requires very little lighting and ornaments
•Easy and fast to decorate
•Perfect for apartment living
•It fits in ANY car, even the smallest Fiat in the world
•When Christmas is over its as easy as throwing it inside a plastic bag and leave it for the pros to take it away!


Hope you enjoy this Christmas! Don't stress, love life and enjoy every minute of it. And don't forget the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of Baby Jesus!!!

~Jesse~


If you're visiting UNO from Honey We're Home, WELCOME!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This little tree is so gorgeous! I deem it the PERFECT mini tree! The ribbon garland is so pretty.

    Found you via the Tree Link Party and I'm so glad I found you're blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan, it means a lot to me you liked it!

      I took a look at your blog as well and noticed you also put up a little Christmas tree, aren't they the best for apartments!

      Cute apartment by the way!

      Delete
  2. That tree is so gorgeous- I have to feature it! Merry Christmas and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Can't believe you like it :) I just started blogging and your posts always inspire me. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Your tree is beautiful! I am in love with your nativity set. Where did you get it? I've been searching high and low for one like it for the past few years and still no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we bought the nativity set at JCPenney back in 2010. Good luck on your search, I also went through many stores and online searching before finding this one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for coming by and taking your time to browse UNOhome. Hope you like what you see and I always welcome any comment from you to improve or keep something you like. Always Thankful, XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...